1. Does the $2 Government Public Transport Fare Concession Scheme for the Elderly and Eligible Persons with Disabilities cover ferry? Can I use Joy You card to take the ferry?
Yes, providing that the following conditions are met:
- Eligible persons aged 60 to 64: start from 27 Feb 2022, must pay via a government-issued Joyyou Octopus card to enjoy the $2 fare discount;
- Eligible persons aged 65 or above: can continue to use the anonymous Senior Octopus or Personal Octopus to enjoy the offer;
- Persons with disabilities: can continue to use the photo-printed "Disabled Status" Personal Octopus to enjoy the $2 discount;
Fortune Ferry reserves the right for the staff to require passengers present their Octopus and/or other supporting documents (eg ID card) for inspection when necessary. Passengers who fail to present the proof must re-pay the full fare for the same journey, and the discounted fee paid or ticket purchased will be void.
2. Does there any discounts for regular adult passengers? Does there any monthly pass program provided?
Currently, there are only "North Point-Kwun Tong- Kai Tak" and "Central-Hung Hom" route route has a monthly pass discount program provided. Passengers who wish to buy the monthly pass, please contact the staff in the terminal for registration and assistance. There is no monthly pass provided in the "Tuen Mun-Tung Chung-Sha Lo Wan-Tai O".
3. Can I buy the tickets and reserve the seat in advance? How can I buy tickets?
Seat is allocated in first-come, first-served basis, passengers are required to queue up in the pier before the vessel boarding. After the arrival of the vessel, passenger should pay the fees in the pier or on board via Octopus or cash. Please be reminded that there is no redemption for cash payment on board. If seats are full on that sailing, please wait for the next sailing. There is no pre-sale ticket and seat reservation on regular sailing on the "Tuen Mun-Tung Chung-Sha Lo Wan-Tai O", however, seat in some sailings with higher passenger capacity on special holiday may be open for pre-sale , so please visit the "latest news" in our company website for the online pre-sale arrangemenet (if there is) before arrival. Passengers who hold a monthly pass on the North Point-Kwun Tong-Kai Tak and Central-Hung Hom still need to queue up at the pier with other passenger before the vessel boarding, if seats are full on that sailing, please wait for the next sailing.
4. Can I get the subsidy under the Government Public Transport Cost Subsidy Scheme while taking the ferry? How can I get the subsidy (if I pay the fee through Octopus) or (If I purchase a monthly pass) ?
Yes, For Passengers who bought a monthly pass and wish to get the subsidy, please contact the staff in the terminal for registration and assistance. For Passengers who pay the fee through Octopus, you can get the subsidy with your Octopus card in the subsidary self- collection point in the designated ferry pier. For details, Please refer to the following website: https://www.ptfss.gov.hk/en-main.html#/en-ope-07
5. Can I bring a bicycle with me on board? How much per bike?
Yes, passengers can bring any type of bicycle or folding bicycle, subject to payment of an additional fee:
Tuen Mun - Tung Chung - Sha Luo Wan - Tai O: HKD 20 (per bicycle)
North Point - Kwun Tong (via Kai Tak) : HKD 14 (per bike)
Central-Hung Hom: HKD 14 (per bike)
Passengers are required to place their bike properly in the designated area in accordance with the instruction of the staff in the vessel to ensure the safety for all passengers.
6. Can I bring my pets with me on board?
Passengers are not allowed to bring pets on the following sailings, with the exception of guide dogs:
- Fast Ferry on the Tuen Mun-Tung Chung-Sha Lo Wan-Tai O
- Central-Hung Hom
Pets are allowed on the following sailings:
- Some sailings on the North Point-Kwun Tong (via Kai Tak)
- Ordinary Ferry on the Tuen Mun-Tung Chung-Sha Lo Wan-Tai O
Passengers must keep their pets in a pet cage or pet bag or wear a mouth covering and a belt tow, only stay in the cabin without air conditioning, and buy an additional adult ticket for each pet equivalent to the sailing range.
7. What is the size limit of free luggage? Does there any charge received for baggage oversized?
Passengers are permitted to carry baggage within the specified dimensions on designated routes without additional payment:
- Passengers on the Tuen Mun – Tung Chung – Sha Lo Wan – Tai O is only permitted to carry items up to 26 inches high and 20 inches wide 12 inches deep
- Passengers on the Central–Hung Hom are only allowed to carry items up to 26 inches high and 20 inches wide and 12 inches deep
- Passengers on the North Point–Kwun Tong (via Kai Tak) are only allowed to carry on board the vessel not exceeding 32 inches in height and 23 inches wide and 12 inches deep
If the volume of the object exceeds this provision, the company will charge the cargo fee according to the object, and the additional fee is $20 per luggage of 0.1 cubic meters. In addition, goods must not be placed in passenger seats, wheelchair positions, passenger aisles on both sides of the ferry, in front of springboards and outside the engine room. The carrier must follow the instructions of the Company's staff to place it properly in the designated area.
8. In the event of a typhoon or rainstorm warning signal, how will sailing be arranged?
- Tuen Mun-Tung Chung-Sa Co-O-Tai O was suspended within two hours after the Hong Kong Observatory hoisted Typhoon Balloon No. 3
- North Point-Kwun Tong (via Kai Tak) and Central-Hung Hom were suspended within two hours after the Hong Kong Observatory hoisted Typhoon No. 8
In an attempt to ensure the safety of passengers and fleet, Fortune Ferry reserve the right to make suspension and resumption arrangements of voyage in accordance with maritime traffic conditions and weather conditions without prior notice. The final decision is subject to the verbal instruction by the captain on duty.
8. How long is the sailing time?
- Full trip takes around 18 minutes
North Point-Kwun Tong (via Kai Tak)
- The North Point-Kwun Tong section takes about 15 minutes
- The Kwun Tong-Kai Tak section takes about 10 minutes
- The Kai Tak-North Point journey takes about 25 minutes
Tuen Mun - Tung Chung - Sha Luo Wan - Tai O
- Tuen Mun-Tai O Fast Ferry
- Full trip takes around 53 minutes
- The Tuen Mun-Tung Chung section takes about 25 minutes
- The Tung Chung-Sha Lo Wan section takes about 12 minutes
- The Sha Lo Wan-Tai O section takes about 22 minutes
- Tuen Mun - Tai O ordinary Ferry
- Full trip takes around 90 minutes
- The Tuen Mun-Tung Chung section takes about 45 minutes
- The Tung Chung-Sha Lo Wan section takes about 15 minutes
- The Sha Lo Wan-Tai O section takes about 30 minutes
The above sailing times are for reference only. The actual sailing time may be affected by factors such as speed limits, sea traffic, weather and sea conditions. Fortune Ferry reserved the right to be delayed without prior notification.